Wednesday 14 May 2014

Stripe Stew

Mixing monochrome stripes kinda became my signature style last spring/summer, so I couldn't resist picking up this year's variation on the Breton pencil... Chunky-striped midis are everywhere at the moment, but this Jane Norman version edged ahead of the pack for me thanks to its thick, high-quality-feel fabric, structured in-'n'-out cut and pattern-matched seams (no, I don't want to look like a chess board from the side, thanks). Only one slight downside - it does restrict you to either an extremely languid Marilyn-style-sashay or a frantic old-lady-style-hobble.

Of course, the temptation to try it out with my old faithful stripy separates was too great to ignore, and, although I hadn't been sure how successful the venture would be, I was pleasantly surprised by the effect of layering different widths and orientations together!

Sam Muses, UK Fashion Blog, London Style Blogger, Monochrome, Stripe, Jane Norman, Midi, Pencil Skirt, Midi, Breton, Below Knee, Quiz, Crop Top, High Neck, Primark, Blazer, Print Clash, Mix, How to Wear, Style Inspiration, Outfit Ideas, SS14

9 May 7

9 May 4

9 May 3

9 May 5

9 May 2
Top: Quiz, Skirt: Jane Norman, Blazer: Primark, Shoes: Boohoo


Have you got your stripy pencil skirt yet? How are you wearing it?


Follow Me:

 Follow Me On Bloglovin’RSS FeedFacebookInstagramPinterest

2 comments:

  1. This looks amazing together .. no pencil skirt for me though .. too hippy and pencil skirts look best with a smooth silhouette.

    Monica, www.pear-shaped-gal.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Monica! Ah that's a shame, I guess they can be difficult to wear/find in the right fit for a lot of people though, especially the horizontally striped variety...

      Delete