Thursday 29 August 2013

Battle of the Monochrome Trousers: Illusion Panels vs. Stripes

So the temperatures of the last few days have fallen far enough below boiling point to allow me the luxury of wearing trousers (a phrase I didn't imagine would ever pass my lips, given that I live in England)! As much as I have been enjoying my skort and sandal exploits (coming soon to a screen near you), it has pained me to be forced to neglect the latest additions to my monochrome mountain... until now. I'm sure you'll be seeing more of them soon, but please allow me to introduce you...

Sam Muses, UK Fashion Blogger, London Style Blogger, Stripes, Striped, Illusion Panel, Panels, Panelled, Monochrome Trousers, Pants, Marks & Spencer, M&S, Primark, Cami, Camisole, Bowler Hat, White Shoes, Heels, Cut Out, Boohoo, Cropped T-Shirt, Tee, Boyfriend, Crop Top, How to Wear

Perfect Panels

Sam Muses, UK Fashion Blogger, London Style Blogger, Illusion Panel, Panelled, Monochrome Trousers, Pants, Marks & Spencer, M&S, Primark, Cami, Camisole, Bowler Hat, White Shoes, Heels, Cut Out, Boohoo, How to Wear
Trousers: Marks & Spencer, Top and Hat: Both Primark, Shoes: Boohoo

I nabbed near-enough the last pair of these in the M&S sale a few months back, but you can still find similar versions elsewhere... As far as the so-called "illusion" effect goes, I wouldn't buy a pair purely on that basis - if you're after slimmer looking pins, you'd be better off with a full-length all-black pair in my opinion. Having said that, however, I adore these for the boldness of their cut and design (quelle surprise, coming from the Mistress of Monochrome!) along with their smart-meets-sporty vibe.


Snazzy Stripes

Sam Muses, UK Fashion Blogger, London Style Blogger, Stripes, Striped, Monochrome Trousers, Pants, Primark, White Shoes, Heels, Cut Out, Boohoo, Cropped T-Shirt, Tee, Boyfriend, Crop Top, How to Wear




Trousers and Top: Both Primark, Shoes: As Above, Sunglasses: Primark + DIY

It was pretty much a given that I would be embracing the Beetlejuice aesthetic sooner or later, right? When these babies were reduced to £7 a week or two ago, I knew the time had come. One of this season's defining must-try-buys on the basis of fun factor alone, I was pleasantly surprised that they turned out not to be hideously unflattering either! In a tailored stretch fabric which makes them easier to pair with crop tops than your average pair of striped leggings, their higher-than-average waistband is also (finally) easing me into the '90s-meets-Rihanna belly-button-baring trend.


Have you road tested your go-faster stripes yet?



Follow Me:

 Follow Me On Bloglovin’RSS FeedFacebookInstagramPinterest

4 comments:

  1. No strips for this pear shaped gal .. but I really like them on you .. especially the thinner strips.

    Monica, www.pear-shaped-gal.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Monica :) I was so surprised by how wearable that pair turned out to be!

      Delete
  2. Love your pants!
    Esp. d illusion pants.
    I've got mad love for monochrome.
    You look amazing as always.

    http://justporsh.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks Porsh! Striped trouser lovers unite haha!

      Delete