Friday 12 April 2013

This Season's Best High Street Flapper Dress?

If you're a regular reader, you'll know how much I love vintage style, but, although I've always loved '20s designs, with my hourglass shape I typically stick to waist cinching '40s and '50s inspired cuts. As Gatsby fever began building momentum several months ago, however, I became determined to find a drop-waisted frock to fit me. Arms piled high with beaded lovelies, I entered the H&M and River Island changing rooms, only to re-emerge empty-handed, and I'd all but given up hope when mum spotted this George at ASDA beauty online! At £25, we figured it was worth a punt, and set off to collect it along with our veggie burgers a couple of days later.

Lo and behold, it beat the competition hands down! I ordered one size up, in the hope that it would skim, rather than tent, which turned out to be the right decision (I did wear this M&S minimiser bra with it too, but it still looks fine without). The finishing isn't perfect, but for the price, it's still amazing value. The beading is dramatic enough for a stunning night out look with a chic updo, but subtle enough, along with the delicate nude shade, to make it hot summer day (anyone remember those?) appropriate too. And it's super comfy! I was surprised to see some people on ASDA Direct complaining that it was too short (and see-through - which you can see it isn't, camera flash on full power or no!) - I'm 5'7 and it's still only a few inches above the knee on me - pretty much perfect for an authentic flapper look!






Charleston Dress: George at ASDA (Available Here), Shoes: Peacocks (Past Season), Jacket: Primark (Past Season)


Anyone else got flapper fever?


Follow Me:

 Follow Me On Bloglovin’RSS FeedFacebookInstagramPinterest

6 comments:

  1. Nice dress. Great friday.

    http://www.fashiondenis.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. That dress is so gorgeous!!

    www.studdedkisses.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the layered details .. quite a good price too!

    Monica
    www.pear-shaped-gal.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am a fan all all retro and 20's style, your dress is simply breathtaking! And the length is perfect
    xo
    Maria C
    htpp://shoesandgloss.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the pop of Beige! I think it’s a great color on you.Soon to be featured at Covet And Love It Vintage.5 dollar dresses


    ReplyDelete