Monday 31 December 2012

Alternative Partywear: Taking Your Jumpsuits and Playsuits Out to Play

Squeezing in one final outfit post of 2012 which might just help out someone who's still in a quandary over what to wear tonight! A couple of years ago, I vowed never again to venture out on New Year's Eve, at least until I had a chauffeur (and preferably an invite to the Beckham gaff). As hard as I've tried to get into the spirit, being squashed in the midst of large crowds of drunken people, followed by long walks circumnavigating stubbornly closed train stations in stilettos, topped off by 2-hour waits at taxi queue points/night bus stops in sub-zero temperatures in the early hours of the morning has just never added up to "the best night of the year" for me. So I will be enjoying my perfect start to 2013 in the company of my mum, Geri the cat, Alan (Carr) and a bottle of mulled wine.

If you do have somewhere fabulous to go though, or just happen to enjoy the above, and your favourite party dress is starting to suffer from seasonal fatigue, why not try something a bit different? You can't go wrong with disco pants or sequins, but a playsuit or jumpsuit is also more than capable of stopping the show...

A jumpsuit is such a brilliant throw-it-on day-to-night season-to-season piece, and there are so many amazing styles around at the moment - all you need to do is pick a piece of statement jewellery and some fabulous heels and you're done!

You might have already seen this classic black palazzo-style version featured in my original How to Wear Playsuits and Jumpsuits post - you can change its look and vibe completely, depending on what you pair it with, but this time I decided to go ultra glamorous, with a twist courtesy of classic pearls strung in dramatic shapes - a great spin on formal wear if you don't want to go for a traditional cocktail gown.

Jumpsuit: Peacocks (Past Season)
Shoes: Primark (Past Season)
Body Chain: Miss Selfridge
Bracelet: Primark (Current)

For a less formal (and yes, more playful feel, the playsuit is a great antidote to the LBD. I've had this black velvet number for a couple of years now, and find it surprisingly versatile - great dressed up - either solo save for heels and statement choker, or layered over a sheer long-sleeved top - but just as wearable for day layered over a shirt or jumper with opaque tights and boots...

Playsuit, Wedges, Lace Top and Jumper (below): All Primark (Past Season)
Boots (below): Peacocks (Past Season)

Whatever you're doing, have a brilliant time, and make sure you come back and see me next year!


Follow Me:

 Follow Me On Bloglovin’RSS FeedFacebookTwitterInstagramPinterest

6 comments:

  1. Really cute ideas! I love the necklace in the first pic .. it's just perfect with that dress.

    Monica
    www.pear-shaped-gal.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe the playsuit is Primark it looks so expensive!

    By the way, congratz on winning the BooHoo contest! So jealous :)

    Happy New Year

    www.studdedkisses.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you Roxxi! Yeah it was a real find, I think my mum picked it out actually! Happy New Year to you too :)

      Delete
  3. Jumpsuit and body chain love it xx

    ReplyDelete


  4. These are really nice.I am also looking for Dressy Womens Jumpsuits that are appropriate for work and then I can just wear them to evening events as well. The FC (1st one) is my favorite!

    ReplyDelete