Friday 7 December 2012

A Baroque Fairytale - the Fashion Vouchers Blogger Challenge

My Christmas wishlist has officially been signed, sealed and delivered (er, well, printed, stapled and handed over with a flourish) to various family members (I insist that I remain a "child" in respect of seasonal festivities until I'm at least 40 - should really get this witnessed - "adult" secret Santa is no fun). If you're struggling with your own wishlist, blogger challenges which involve poring over the contents of various online fashion cornucopia definitely get those creative juices flowing!

A little while ago, I was contacted by FashionVouchers.com, inviting me to take part in their Christmas Party Outfit Blogger Challenge. As a side note, their site is genuinely well worth a look, and a follow on Twitter and/or Facebook, as they sniff out some amazing offers which aren't always publicised in other places.

The challenge was to pick one of their many merchants, then create the perfect Christmas party outfit from amongst its wares for under £100. 3 lucky winners will nab a £100 voucher for their selected merchant - happy days indeed!

After a few hours/days of um-ing, ah-ing and "sampling" various sites, I settled on ASOS, for sheer volume of amazing-ness (trawling through it all is a tough job, but someone's got to do it).


Dress, £33.50 (Previously £45)

I was immediately struck by the way in which so many of my favourite things - velvet, lace and sheer "cutaway" panels - had been combined in this beautiful skater style - dark-edged, seductive, sophisticated... but still somehow sweet!

Cat Ear Aliceband, £12; Pearl Collar, £20

I decided that my latest lust-have, cat ears, would be a perfect partner for the provocatively playful feel of the dress, whilst a luxe pearl collar would bring out its Baroque qualities, and tie the pearl beads of the ears more tightly into the look, for a modern fairytale feel.

Shoe Boots, £26 (Previously £35) 

I couldn't have wished for more perfect footwear to complete this look had I had a star to wish upon - either too light or too heavy would have risked breaking its 'spell' - but these shoe boots are just right (Goldilocks would approve) and (magic) mirror the dress to perfection.

Barry M Wink Marker Pen Eyeliner, £4.59

With a fistful of magic beans to spare, I added the perfect finishing feline flick.

Total: £96.09


Tempted to weave your own fashion fairytale? Check out all the challenge details here.


Follow Me:

 Follow Me On Bloglovin’RSS FeedFacebookTwitterInstagramPinterest

10 comments:

  1. I love that dress and the eay you've styled it would look great

    http://thelittlebigobsession.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. very nice items! it must work great when worn!
    great blog, I like your point of view here. supporting your uniqueness by following #104 on GFC and 44 on bloglovin

    Lyosha
    Inside and Outside Blog
    P.S. I'm hosting a glasses giveaway on my blog here check it out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I will definitely check your blog out :)

      Delete
  3. This dress really rocks!!

    I really like the whole outfit!

    You have a great taste!!

    www.limaswardrobe.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool lay out! I see that dress with those booties! Great choice! I am following you! Would you like to follow me back?
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you :) Going to check out your blog now! xx

      Delete
  5. I'm getting that dress! thanks a million for the tip!

    Best wishes from your newest follower,

    xoxo
    Bettina

    http://bettinahearts.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete